Sunday 26 February 2012

First loaf with my new breadmaker



After my breadmaker broke down last week, I had to find one urgently as i do use it 2 or 3 times per week. Luckily, Lidl had one on offer the previous week and thankfully there were 4 left at their Dinan branch.

I paid €45 so if it lasts as long as my previous one, I should be making bead for the next 6 or 7 years with it very cheaply.

This bread making machine came with a recipe book and I have noticed I can also make jam with it. Interesting! I do make a lot of jam the ‘normal’ way so I will be curious to see how it works. The first batch of jam I will make will be in April or May with strawberries. I will keep you posted.

I also noticed this bread making machine has a setting for gluten free bread. It will be useful when my parents come to visit us here in Brittany as my Mam has an intolerance to gluten.

The photo shows the first loaf of bread I made yesterday. I need to try a few settings to find the right one.

This one is not bad for the first batch. It tasted nice with home-made jam on this morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment