Thursday 18 November 2010

Home-made coconut milk

I saw this advert on French TV the other day and I thought it was interesting…

Coconut milk is quite expensive so this recipe might be useful…

Mix 80 g of desiccated coconut with 1 litre of water.

Leave this mix over night with a top on.

The day after, bring it to the boil a couple of minutes, leave it to cool down and keep in the fridge for 2 hours.

The mix should separate. The ‘milk’ you want is the liquid at the bottom.

The thick layer on the top is very rich. I guess you can use it in cakes.

I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but I will.

Do let me know how you get on if you try it.


If you can't be bothered making some, you should be able to find coconut milk fairly easy in French supermarkets. They usually have an area with foreign food. You will find some coconut milk there amongst other Chinese, Indian, English products.


No comments:

Post a Comment