Sunday 3 October 2010

Recipe for apple jelly

Apples, apples and more apples!! They grow so well in Brittany that everyone seems to have apples coming out of their ears!! I use mine in various ways.

One of them being apple and quince jelly.

I use:

1.5 kg of apples

2 quinces

1 l of water

750 g of sugar

Juice of 1 lemon

Cinnamon and cardamom

I wash then cut the apples and quinces into quarters. I don’t remove the skin or core.

I put all the ingredients (apart from sugar) in a big pan. Once the fruits are cooked, I don’t let them strain overnight. I put the fruits through a strainer straight away. I then bring to the boil the juice and the sugar until the jelly sets. It takes about 25 minutes.

The problem I have is that this recipe only makes 2 jars! It is eaten quicker than I can make it!! It is nice on toast or pancakes…

Anyone who has a recipe to share, please feel free to contribute!

No comments:

Post a Comment