Monday 31 May 2010

Scrap yards around Dinan


A few days ago I realised my front windscreen wiper was not working. Not being an expert I took my car to the garage! After a series of tests, I was told the motor for the wiper had to be changed. The bad news was it cost €200 to replace it. If it had been the back wiper, it wouldn’t have been too bad, but the front one, I really needed it! Luckily the weather has been great lately in Brittany so I have not needed to use the front wiper!

I was not too keen to spend €200. Thankfully my friends advised me to get a second-hand one from a scrap yard (casse). I looked in the French Yellow pages for 'casse' and found 2 near Dinan. One in Meillac (towards Combourg) and one in Plenée Jugon near Jugon-les-Lacs.

I called the closest and picked up the part the same day. It was only €35 so a right bargain comparing to a new one!

My local garage (just outside Evran) was happy to change the part for me.

Unfortunately, they realised it was not the right wiper for my car. I took it back and got my money back. The garage managed to fix the wiper after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment