Tuesday 23 March 2010

How to convert grams to ounces or ounces to grams


It is always annoying to have a recipe that you can’t precisely follow because the measurements are in kilograms and your scale is showing ounces and pounds!

For accurate weight conversion, I use this useful conversion calculator.


Most my recipes for chutneys were given to me by English friends so are in ounces. I now have them in grams.

Shopping at Ikea in Rennes in Brittany last week, my friend Debbie found a scale showing both grams and ounces. I am waiting for her to use her new scale to bake a delicious cake and invite me round for a cuppa!

1 comment:

  1. Dream on Rachel. The scales are also handy for measuring the amount of additives to put into a cement mix which is probably where my old kitchen scales ended up, in the shed !

    ReplyDelete